Monday, February 1, 2010

Sassy cravings

Oh Grapefruit juice!

Sunday morning I woke up remembering that there was just a sip of grapefruit juice left. I woke up and every part of my body was screaming out for it. I turned to brent and asked him if I could finish it off. He smiled sweetly and said yes. I then proceeded to prance into the kitchen full of joy that I was going to have a few sips of grapefruit juice ( if you know me you know I almost never drink juice and never drink pop so this was unnatural!). Brent came in the kitchen just as I had poured it into my cup. He started to make his breakfast. I started to sing about how I was going to drink my juice and how I love my juice. Brent looked at me like, ' you are so weird.' I then sung the final verse of my song...

' I'm going to drink you, your going to go into my belly!'

I looked at brent and....

'and you don't get any'

Brent looked at me like I was a nutcase because I had apparently gone off the deep end. He said something along the lines of ' that wasn't very nice.'

I felt so much remorse about being sassy I offered him the juice. The last of the grapefruit juice. I thought he would be like it's ok enjoy your juice since he knew how much I 'needed' it! Instead he looked at me and smiled and replied...

'sure'

I open my mouth in awe and slowly handed over the grapefruit juice. My tears were welling up and up and once he had the juice in his hand they began to overflow.

I said ' I'm going to go lie down ' aka ( go cry in bed about the grapefruit juice.)

Brent burst out laughing. I burst out crying harder. The juice remained untouched.

Brent then told me how he was actually kidding about drinking 'my' juice. He handed it back to me and kissed me on the forehead. I still was sniffling. I drank my juice while watching Brent snicker. His wife had truly taken a flying leap off the deep end and landed up a nut job.

About an hour later we laughed about it together. It was a true pregnant memory that I'm not sure we'll cherish but we'll laugh about.


That morning I experianced

1) pregnancy cravings
2) wild pregnancy emotions

Moral =
Don't be sassy
Don't offer your grapefruit juice



xoxox
-Sheena (plus Brent & baby)

*posted from iPhone

1 comment: