Saturday, January 30, 2010

7am thoughts

It's seven am. This is usually a time were I am snuggled up in bed with my handsome husband. Instead I had a early morning belly rumble, so I woke to eat some raisin bran.

After I ate my breakfast and looked to see if there was anything good on tv to watch I decided to retreat into the babies room. I took a seat in the comfy rocking chair, cuddled up in a warm blanket and just felt such peace.

I started wondering what it would be like to be a mom, what my precious munchkin will be like. Other thoughts came to mind as well. How challenging the first couple months will be, will it all come naturally, and how exciting and scary it is that life will never be the same.

Some days I wake up and wish the baby was here already other mornings I cherish every quiet moment with my best friend. I feel like when the time comes we will be ready for this challenge and exciting adventure (aka. Parenthood).

I feel like as long as we keep God as the head of our household we will be able to create a healthy family life. I'm sure there will be many bumps and regrets along the way but I want to be the type of mother who can apologize, emphasize and be humble.

Here is a recent picture of me at 24 weeks pregnant.



Ps- the only thing that could make this morning better is a big glass of grapefruit juice!

xoxox
-Sheena (plus Brent & baby)

*posted from iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment