Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year and New Thoughts.

I have been doing a lot of contemplating in the last few weeks. With this year will come so many changes. Good and bad. I have never really made new years resolutions but perhaps now would be a good time to implement personal changes that I want to make.

1- I want to be more regular about reading my bible (everyday, fingers crossed). Sometimes I get so caught up in life and forget the things that are really important. I have thought about it more recently because I want to be a good role model for my child(ren). I want to teach them how to love Jesus and have a personal relationship with him. I feel like sometimes it's so hard to get excited about reading the bible and other times when I learn something new I find it addicting. I'm hoping to become more steadfast and regular rather then go through so many ups and downs when it comes to bible time.

2- I want to work on me. What does it mean to be a Godly woman. Who is it that God wants me to be, not in the future but right now. How can I be a better wife, sister, daughter and friend to those I love. Being a woman ( or being me ) I get so caught up in artificial things such as fashion, gossip (terrible, I know), desires&dreams (bigger home and more yard), and all those other things that don't matter in the end. I can't bring any of it to heaven and when I'm no longer on earth I would rather people to remember me as more then a lady with a fancy kitchen and expensive shoes. I want to be remembered for how passionate I was and how much I loved those who knew me.

3- I want to learn the line between judgemental/opinionated and just being insightful/caring. I'll give an example. I have a friend who started defending drinking during pregnancy etc. I shudder just thinking of this. I feel like doing something that is harmful (and proven) is very selfish especially when it doesn't just effect you but an innocent child. I think it is just as bad as drinking and driving. Anyways, in situations such as these how do you deal with it properly and respectfully. I'm at a loss. I think this is truly an area were I need to work on. I understand everyone can have there own opinion but in terms of some subjects such as the one listed above I have a really hard time not being overly opinionated, defensive and perhaps a tad (it's shameful) judgemental. I just want what is best for those I love and don't know how to deal with it. Any advice would be appreciated.


Anyways these are my 'resolutions in a nutshell'. Did you make any?

**On another note ultrasound #2 will be on Thursday and the final verdict is we will be finding out the sex!!! Sooo exciting! This will probably help in terms of indecision with fabrics and decorations :)

I also have been reading 'the mother of all baby books' so far a great read. I am learning so much I feel like I should start over and take notes. I do have a list of things Brent and I need to talk about/do before baby. Decide on god-parents, will, life insurance, birth plan(big task), errands (baby items).

I went through a stage when I was sick were I was like ' bring on birth ' current status now is fear. Tearing, bleeding, stitches, needle in spine, saggy belly, bursting milk (learning to nurse). I'm intimidated. I also feel a great amount of respect for the woman that have already conquered birth. I may or may not feel like ' bringing home baby', ' birth story', ' I didn't know I was pregnant' are horror tv shows. I can't watch them anymore. I prepare myself best by lieing to myself and pretending that the baby will feel like 'passing' jello. Or perhaps a stork truly will come and save the day. Don't get me wrong I'm so excited for this little one to come but I wish I could achieve the same goal a little easier.

In grade nine a boy who liked me and who I happened to like as well was chatting to me at school between classes. He happened to say a few words that scared me for the rest of my highschool career. Those words were. 'You have childbearing hips.' Firstly how does this fit into a conversation...

-between classes
-between grade niners
-what boy says this to a grade nine girl who he has feelings for?
-what grade nine girl wants to be told this?

I may or may not have slapped him. Woops. (I promise I'm not violent, he needed to be put in place though. Come on. I apologized years later for the slap and have not slapped since.)

Anyways I was traumatized. What do child bearing hips look like? Is that good or bad?

This is the first time that I have to admit that I pray that the grade nine boy was correct in his observation about a girls hips!

xoxox
-Sheena (plus Brent & baby)

*posted from iPhone

2 comments:

  1. #1 - grade 9 boys know absolutely nothing about hips. nothing. this thought of this gr.9 boy's comment should be nothing but a laugh to you!

    #2 - the reason God made pregnancy last 40 weeks is so that you will no longer care how much it will or will not hurt because you just won't want to be pregnant any longer.

    way to go on making resolutions! :) sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #3-pray for her. pray that God will wake her up and make her realize how selfish she really is being. that is the best thing you can do in those kinds of situations.

    as for the grade 9 boy....i have been told that a lot in the past, especially when i was in high school and as skinny as a rail. i actually found it to be a compliment. it just means that you have wide hips....not crazy wide. apparently it's a good thing because you look like you could actually carry a baby somewhat comfortably....i dunno. i wouldn't worry about it. it's good to have shape anyways! embrace your curves, you are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete