Sunday, January 10, 2010

What makes you a grownup?

(check)Being married
(check)Owning your own place
(half check)Having children
(check)Driving your own vehicle
(check)Having a home phone
(check)Having a career
(negative)Being allowed to own as many boots/shoes as you want

Well as of April, 2009 I turned 22. In this year I have almost obtained 'full' grown up status. At least according to what a grade ten version of myself believed being a grownup was. Sadly I'm a check and a half away. I won't reach grown up status before April, 2010. That is ok though. As of May 2010 I will only be one check away. I'm not sure if Brent will ever let me obtain full grown up status since that would require my shoe/boot collection to grow. We'll see if we can work out a deal one day :) for now I'm perfectly content about were I am in the 'right now'.

What brought on this blog? We got a home phone this morning. That means I moved up another check a few minutes ago-oh ya! I know it's so funny that I would think having a home phone would make you a grownup. Realistically I think having a home phone symbolizes a certain level of stability (you're less nomadic). More grounded perhaps. I didn't realize my wisdom until I analyzed it to death. I think right now is the first time in four years I feel content to stay were I am (for 1-2 years). It's quite refreshing.

Cheers to being one step closer to being a grownup.



xoxox
-Sheena (plus Brent & baby)

*posted from iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment