Sunday, June 8, 2014

Brent's 30th Part 1

So Brent's turning 30 this week. (June 11). I decided to throw him a surprise party! Just his best buds and their wives. Since we have friends from all places in life they don't all necessarily know each other. I thought bowling would make the fact that no one knew each other less akward. So I paid for everyone's bowling, pizza and pop! We had twenty people so it was a perfect number for mingling and competing spirit.

Everyone showed up at 6:30pm.
Brent showed up at 6:45pm. 
Brent was totally clueless when I left home around 3:30pm so I thought that I actually achieved success this time. I had fibbed to him and told him we were going on a double date with Matt and Marsha and that Marsha wanted to go shopping with me beforehand so he would drive out and meet us with Matt. You have to understand I'm a sweaty jittery darty eyed liar. -I.cant.believe.I.succeeded! It helped that I wasn't with him on the drive there. I really havnt been able to keep a surprise properly....ever!

So...Brent landed up picking Matt up instead of Matt picking up Brent. Well Matt had a friend at his house helping him Reno. As they left the guy shouted- 'enjoy the party tonight guys'. Brent just stayed quiet. At that point he knew or at least supremely suspected. 

When he walked in-he was slightly flushed. It was clear the cat was out of the bag. He was taken aback seeing all his best buds! It was a great reunion as Brent's been working so much he hasn't seen many of them often this past year. 

We bowled. I mostly tried to just make sure I bowled better then Brent. I succeeded. I offered the ultimate winner a free dessert. Matt one of his best buds was the champ! 

After the bowling we went to cactus club for dessert. It was a hoot. Everyone had mingled enough by then to totally just relax and enjoy. It was smooth and wonderful. Fun was had by all!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment