Sunday, June 15, 2014

That moment

That moment you take your kids out for sushi 
You know they love it
They start eating
You start eating 
You're all chatting 
You're all enjoying each other
Then out of the corner of your eye you see your two year old is pounding back tuna and salmon rolls to the extrem
You giggle to yourself
Then the horror
The absolute horror
VOMIT everywhere 
Raw sushi and rice vomit 
EVERYWHERE
The table
The floor
His shirt
His pants 
His plate
The chair 

What do you do?
I acted like I was 12 and burst our laugh/crying. (He wasn't choking I'm not heartless) he triggered his gag reflex by making his mouth to full (something he's been known to do at home...never in public). It was a stress laugh. As I'm dabbing the unnatural amount of vomit up with teeny tiny napkins I realize that I'm going to need a hundred.

Brent and Audrey stared open mouthed while I cleaned, laughed, cried. Beckham just repeated 'I barf mama' over and over.

It was Father's Day.
I conquered the monumental public barf solo. Biggest Father's Day gift I could give Brent.

LOL
Cry-out-loud 

No comments:

Post a Comment