Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Trick OR Treat


So all week I have been trying to teach Audrey to say Trick Or Treat, by the end of the week it sounded quite a lot like chinese-tika teat ha ha. We weren't sure how trick or treating was going to go as Audrey is only 17 months old.

Brent started out with saying, 'I'm trying to be supportive so I will follow your lead.' ha ha. He kills me, he really wasn't sure of how it was going to go. He thought it was going to be awkward and that she wasn't going to understand it. Lets just say that I know my little firecracker and that if there is food involved she learns FAST.

The first house she was a little confused what we were doing and what was with all the kids going up and down the street and up to the houses. We got to the door with some prompting she said, 'hi', ''tika teat' and 'buh bye'. She was a doll and melted every-ones hearts.

After a couple houses she was dragging me by my hand up and down peoples sidewalks to there houses. She had what to stay down pack and did some improvising herself. A few times she stuck her hand into there bowls and said, 'more please' haha shoot. Oh well, she's one everyone was forgiving and gracious. Actually usually after that they gave her even more because they thought it was so sweet.

We had a blast! I had Audrey by the hand and Brent wanted to hold Beckham so he didn't have to participate because he was embaressed at first. After the first couple houses Brent came up to me and was like, 'You can have Beckham I'll take Audrey.' I smirked (I knew he would love it once he saw Audrey get into it!

At the end of the night when the candy was gone through and sorted Brent turned to me and said, I could have treat or treated with her all night. Hooray for first trick or treating, yay for all the other years to come of lots and lots of candy and many many more houses!

No comments:

Post a Comment