Monday, December 27, 2010

Big Girl Project Part 1

I have a vision.
It's beautiful.
Only problem is the limited budget and limited space!

I'll improvise and prove dreams can come true in small rooms with a small budget! I'll show you step by step. Hopefully it's not a flop!

10x11 room
Pretty limited space...

Here's what I found.

A captains bed!
A twin bed with drawers below!
I got it for $10 on craigslist! A steal!

I've just finished sanding it and repainting! All I have left is drawer liners and painting the handles! Brent has to piece it together!

I also bought an ikea bookshelf/toy organizer/dresser! It was $50 on craigslist.

I bought a new mattress and duvet $40 oh it's a steal!

That puts me at $100! (Oh wait remember that play kitchen I bought that hubby made me sell...well I sold it for $25 more then I paid...so really I'm at $75!)







-The bed and drawers in pieces all freshly painted.







-the bookshelf pre-painted. (I want to go with all white so I can have girl accents!)






-the bookshelf mid paint...

Give me a month and you'll see this big girls room come together and be transformed into pure little girl bliss. I'm thinking after everything it'll be around $150 (I'm hoping less though!)

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment