Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas

My hubby and I don't do gifts.
When I got home I found this under the tree.






...







Beauty. Simple elegance. He stole my heart. He's a keeper. He's my hero when there's a storm, he's my sanity in times were life is topsy turvey, he honors me, he is wise, he cures me of sadness with a kiss, he's my friend and partner in life.

Thank you Jesus for giving me my husband. You knew what I needed before I knew. You made him just for me. I don't need anything else as long as I have my man to curl up next to.

Christmas can be crazy, busy, filled with family drama(I mean...our families are perfect...ha ha), tiring and chaotic. I'm just glad I have my man to come along on this ride every year with me. I'd have lost my head years ago without him.

I love that when we get home after mayhem. We can relish in the true meaning of Christmas. Our savior was born. Oh Lord, you are so great and amazing. You bring peace, joy, love and hope into our lives. Tonight I'm praying that as I fall asleep I can feel that peace only you can bring.

Is it bad if I sometimes feel like taking a day after Christmas and celebrating. Not really celebrating but having a peaceful time to praise God for the gift he gave us. A quiet time. Sometimes I feel like Christmas gets so busy it's hard to find time to just ponder the real meaning and give praise and thanks were it's meant to go.

I'm going to ask Brent if we can do a 'half birthday' for Jesus. Maybe that can be our family tradition. Wow so cool! Maybe we can set up the tree...June 25...happy half birthday Jesus. I'm pretty sure Brent won't go for the tree in June but maybe he'll go for a peaceful time to celebrate Jesus. Best idea ever.

Love you Jesus, happy birthday. You're the best friend,best father, and best role model I could ever have.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment