Saturday, November 2, 2013

Popcorn

If Brent and I eat popcorn at night and don't finish if...I know I'll get to sleep in. How is this you ask.

You see I leave it on the counter in the bowl. Sometimes when I think I'm being a smart parent I'm really being a bad parent...but at least I'm a bad parent who gets to sleep in!

I leave the bowl of leftover popcorn on the counter. My daughter comes from a long line of Eves that love food. The apple I'm sure has similar appeal that popcorn does. I lead that beautiful daughter of mine straight into a bowl of temptation. She will sit at the counter and slowly eat the leftovers for a great amount of time.

The thing about the popcorn is that it's also like a babysitter. If I was to let Audrey run wild while I slept in the morning with no popcorn I'd awaken to beckham having been shaved, laundry soap spilled all over, her nails and our cabinets painted and perhaps our turtles would get to experience eating another board book. The popcorn might be a sort of temptation but it eliminates all the other naughty things that she could be doing.

Therefore leaving mommy to rest in peace. Until the munching stops...silence wakes me and I leap to my defence!

I made popcorn tonight. Mamas sleeping in. 


No comments:

Post a Comment