Sunday, October 30, 2011

confession

So I was driving along a busy road (72nd) for those of you that live in my area you know this area is very busy. A dog darted in front of my car I swerved a little but there wasn't really anywhere to swerve to since there are so many parked cars and steady oncoming traffic.

Sadly I landed up clipping the dog with my car. Oh man the tears. I had Beckham and Audrey in the back. The dog ran away, down the road. I tried to follow and find the dog so I could make sure it was ok and find either the owner or call the SPCA. Anyways the dog disappeared. My conscience has been heavy.

I really couldn't hop out of the car and search for the dog since I had kids in the back and no way of carrying them around while I search for the dog. I had no way of knowing what house the dog came from. After much MUCH contemplation I left and drove away.

Now I lay sleepless lots of nights not because my newborn is awake but because I feel so bad and I just feel so sad not knowing if the dog is okay or not. Oh man, I love animals so it just KILLS me that I could ever be the reason that one could be hurt or dead.

:(

No comments:

Post a Comment