Monday, April 2, 2012

Phase 1

I know this might sound so basic but I can actually say I don't know how to say no to people especially people I love.

I'm learning to say no and not feel responsible for people's disappointment when I do say no.

If I say yes I am learning to decide that I said yes and I should put my all in and have the best attitude because it was a choice I made and no one forced me

I'm learning to respect other people's 'no' and not be offended or hurt when they say no. I think before since I would never say no I felt hurt when other people said no because I would never have said no to them.

My personality is such a people pleaser and over analyzer so it's so frustrating for me to learn these basic concepts

I'm hoping in the next year to become better at these things and more graceful when it comes to it. Right now it feels like a foreign language.

I feel like as a mother this is a good skill for me to learn when my babies are young as when they get older I will have to say no more often. Also I feel like it will eliminate going to things because I felt pressured into it and being somewhere and totally miserable about having to be there. I am just hoping that this will eliminate feeling like I have committed to way to much. With two babies I just want to be realistic and happy. This is a short season and I have been the sole resin why it's been bonkers-need to learn to say no.

Anyways this is phase 1 of this adventure. I'm pretty sure I'm going to fall on my face in this learning process.

Hopefully in time this basic skill will just become a natural thing

No comments:

Post a Comment