Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Barf or death

Yes, barf or death.
Today I had a funeral to go to. It was heartwarming, emotional, tragic, sad, heartbreaking and much more.

I came home absolutely exhausted emotionally. I didn't have much energy to chit chat after-that's ok. Sometimes silence is just as good. I'm learning that slowly.

Anyways I came home to the bliss of naptime and wanted to take advantage so I slipped into bed. Exhausted. Exhausted exhausted. I didn't hear the jailbreaker escaping her childproofed room that continually proves to be not 'Audrey proof'

I had made myself a peanut butter chocolate smoothie. Oh dear. Well my bad. I left the cocoa on the counter. The entire thing got dumped on the floor (sob) well if that wasn't bad enough Prada our sweet sweet dog ate SO much of it!!!

The horror the horror.
I called the vet
I called Brent
I googled
I chatted with a friend.

Our first thought is to take her to the vet. Our second thought was horror because we are so over budget with renos. We didn't really want to pay a few hundred dollars to get her to vomit.

If it was any other season we would have took her to the vet but we tried the cheap $1 peroxide diy method.

Brent came home and helped for 15mins
It was great. Would have been great if he helped for a couple hours hahaha.

Well stage one...pry mouth open...force peroxide down. Walk her...swash swoosh bump and squeeze her stomach.

She gags
She swallows
She gags
She swallows
No vomit.
(She's such a good dog she won't even barf if it would save her life in front of us)

(30 minutes later)
Brent's LONG gone.
I'm in the poooooring rain
Pinning my dog down in the mud
Forcing peroxide down her throat
(With Beckham on my back in the ergo)
Audrey beside me horrified that in pinning her dog down.

Repeat the squeezing squishing and everything on the belly.

No vomit
No vomit
Did I mention we are all out in the pouring rain?

Sigh.
It says not to give third dose
I did give her a lesser dose though (1/2 less) so I decide to cross my fingers and just give her the amount to bring her to the max peroxide to give.

Pin down
Wrestle
Mud flying
Audrey crying
Beckham loving the mayhem while on my back.

Then we waited waited
Then Prada looked so sad
I'm cheering and chanting
'Barf barf you can do it girl'

She barfed

We are all soaking wet as its over an hour later. I'm so exhausted. Oh mercy.

These things only happen in the Converse house don't they.
Audrey when you read this as an adult I hope you book me a relaxation massage somewhere classy to thank me ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment