Friday, August 2, 2013

Seven Years

Seven years Mr.Converse and I have been married. I feel like this next year  might be the best one yet.

For our anniversary we went to Seattle just us two for FOUR days. It was bliss. Did we do touristy things lol NOPE. We relaxed and recuperated. We ate at our favorite---the Cheesecake Factory!!! Did a lil shopping. I read TWO books. It was heaven. We felt so blessed to have that time to catch up and miss our babies and finish all those 'half conversations' you know the important ones were you get interrupted by toddlers. In fact just having a simple conversation was bliss. No chaos no food being thrown. 

We stayed at the Hyatt in bellevue. The breakfast is complimentary and out of this world. Bacon, sausage, waffles, eggs, pancakes, ham, hashbrowns, yogurt, cereal, pastries, toast...anything you want...they also have a omelet station where a person will make you an omelet exactly how you want it. Talk about continental breakfast.

They had coffee (Starbucks), tea, hot chocolate and flavoured water served all day so as you can imagine we indulged in that. 

They also had a indoor pool and hot tub that was a glorious place to relax and unwind...ya know after the stress of doing nothing all day. 

Marriage. I think it's such a beautiful gift. Brent still laughs when I tear up over the memory of someone telling me there wasn't marriage in heaven. It broke my heart and I choose ignorance is bliss because honestly there is no one I'd rather spend my eternity with. I also have some other heaven thoughts but I won't blog about those today. 

I am so grateful for the man God gave me. He is not perfect and makes me crazy sometimes (lets be real right?) but I would be so bored if he didn't. Makes for fun making up right? 7 years, so many adventures, so many countries we have visited, so many laughs, so many tickle fights, so many tears, so much learning and so much compromise. Our dreams are so beautifully intertwined together. I long for each day I get to spend with him.  He is my best friend and I am his. We at year 7 are still learning how to be better friends to one another and so much else. The one this I love is that we know we aren't perfect and we constantly are trying to do better. ---never stagnit---

He is the one my heart loves, he is the one I would die for in a second, he is the one I want to spend my evenings with. I love my girlfriends but this past year I have found peace in just being still. I am more content now then ever before just having a simple night with a bag of chips and our favorite show with my hubster. It's a great feeling. 

He has taught me so much about who I am, who I want to be, what I believe in and what the desires of my heart are: he kicks my butt and holds me accountable. His honesty is a rare gem and I value it so much. I just don't ask him if my butt looks fat ha ha.

If I was to be super honest. This past year has been a whirlwind. A lot to do with renos, a lot to do with stresses, a lot to do with adjustments and much more. We have spent a lot of time this year learning more about each other and how to be there for one another on hard days. I think looking back it was a hard year. It was simply beautiful in hind site  when I look at the growth in our love, commitment, and ability to care for one another. Sometimes it takes difficulty to stimulate growth. That has been this year. A challenge that was met, conquered and aced. 

I thank god for my husband. I'm not sure how he decided I would be this blessed but I am forever in awe of this gift he has given me-my husband.

The one I live for, laugh with & love.
2013.





No comments:

Post a Comment