Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentines Prep

Ok. Hi, my name is Sheena. I love celebrating everything...besides valentines. I'm talking I never have liked it. Even as a teen-I never gave into the hoopla. I married a man. A wonderful man. He is a fan of valentines. Every year I do something sweet for him (small), we have a fondu and cuddle and call it a lovely valentines. 

We now have babies. I really don't want them to be tainted from my disdain for the commercialization. I feel like we demonstrate daily love for each other. We don't just hold out to show each other love on valentines day. So here I go...I'm giving in to the commercialization and letting them experience it and develop there own feelings for the holiday.

It was almost liberating, letting go of my opinions and stubbornness. 

So here we go. 
They will wake up to.
-a handful of chocolate (who wants wild babies early in the morning) a handful is adequate 
-socks 
-undies
-love notes from mom&dad
-felts
-a 'placemat' that is educational
-a mailbox I can use throughout the year to write them sweet notes or leave little treats.

Ok, I hear you. Functional things. Not crap that will be broken by the end of the day or thrown out. Undies and socks will become a big part of or valentines tradition. Who doesn't need a few more pairs of undies or socks.

Tomorrow morning we will have a pink breakfast.
-pink eggs
-pink fruit
-pink pancakes

Cheers to my first festive valentines day. Brent secretly grins at my hypocrisy






No comments:

Post a Comment