Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Retraction?

I have been thinking over and over the last couple days to either delete the blog/'venting session' or write a retraction. I know it might have seemed over the top and quite emotional but in that very moment that is probably how I was feeling. Actually that was how I was feeling.

For the past five years I have been trying to skip the whole 'fakeness' and concentrate on being real and genuine. In our society it is encouraged to act like everything is perfect and 'okay' all the time. Who can really say that life is okay all the time. There are ups and downs---mountains and valleys. It takes the really low valleys to make you really appreciate the view on the mountains.

I sometimes feel like my blog is a glorified diary. Who lets the world read there diary though? I guess I better keep the emotional blogging to a minimum but at the same time I want to be able to be real with what I'm facing in my life. I'm looking forward to five years down the road reading all my old blogs and giggling to myself. I know that's something I always enjoy doing with my actual journals. It's just fun to see what was so important back then and how much you have grown etc. Maybe my pre-Brent journals were the best to read back on because page after page was about different boys and high school drama---ha ha ha.

I'm sorry for the drama my blog readers---I am Sheena and sometimes I am a little bit dramatic.

No retraction today-it might be embarrassing to look back and read but it was real and genuine and that is something I am not embarrassed about.

1 comment:

  1. Sheena, no need for retraction, or otherwise. You will look back and laugh, but that's good. We all need to remember where we've come from and where we are now. And we can't do that if we never live in the here and now and look back to reflect. Don't retract, just be you, lovely you!

    ReplyDelete