Thursday, October 14, 2010

Audrey

Tonight I came across a blog. A blog of a woman who also had a daughter named Audrey. This woman wrote about her journey in her pregnancy and losing her child. She showed such strength, grace and faith. Her words were powerful and her story moving.

After I finished reading I snuck into my Audrey's room. I took her out of her crib. I cuddled her close to my heart. I shed a tear or two and held back a few more.

I pray for those who have to go threw losing a child. My heart breaks for you. I will never know the right words. No one can never know unless they've been in your shoes. I pray I won't have to experience that and won't ever have to be in those shoes. I pray if I do that my great God would be able to use me like he used this woman, mostly I pray that I'll never have to though.

I'm going to take a few breaths. Look down and count the blessings that are right in my arms.

Oh Audrey, you are a blessing. In these past five months you have blessed me. In my womb you blessed me. I hope that I will be able to deserve this blessing that motherhood and being your mom is.


***another day, another chapter to add to the collection***


1 comment:

  1. i have read her blog a ton too. her husband is the lead singer for selah. i believe i have linked to her blog in at least one of my past posts. she has an amazing story. so sad yet suck a story to faith in our Maker.

    ReplyDelete