Monday, February 13, 2012

6 years

6 years ago
-I had only been out of high school for under 9 months
-I had fallen in love with my first love
-I totaled my boyfriends car on the highway. Flipped it and landed in the median.
-I knew that my first love was going to be my last
-I was 18, just a baby
-I wanted to travel
-I wanted to figure out who I was and what I wanted in life.

Six years ago my boyfriend asked me to marry him when I was just 18 years old. I knew that this was the man that god made for me. We both felt peace and excited for the life ahead of us. We knew we were young and that many people were skeptical. That day six years ago I made the best choice of my life. I decided that I would marry my best friend, I would grow up and figure out life with the one person I trusted most, I would travel the world with the man I felt the safest with. He is the one that has made me laugh till I cry, held my hand through some of life's hardest moments, he is the one that I want to be with. Six years later those vows feel so fresh. We have both fallen short sometimes. We have both gone through seasons of hard times. The only thing that remained constant was the love we chose to show each and every day. Love is a choice and I am so blessed to say god gave me a man that is easy to choose to love everyday. Has it been perfection? Nope it hasn't but I love laying in bed reflecting on how much we have grown and how much more we love and respect each other now then we did then.

Thank you Brent for loving me everyday, thank you for giving me two beautiful babies, thank you for always being my safe place. I adore you. I am so blessed. My prayer is that we have 65 more years. Can't wait to see all our grandbabies!! Come on Beckham and Audrey!

No comments:

Post a Comment