Saturday, May 25, 2013

Spring memories of you

I get these moments.
They are usually in spring time.
Daffodils, they used to always brighten up your windowsill, now I use them to brighten up mine with memories of you.
When roses start to fill the air with delightful smells. I remembered how much you adored the soft pink ones. 
When the dogwood trees start to bloom you would tell me how they where always your favorite tree.

You held my hand, you taught me how to be a lady, you embraced me for me and encouraged my quirks. 

I miss you so much during these seasons especially when I look at my sweet Audrey&Beckham. I wish you could have known them, wish you could have held them. I will plant roses, daffodils and dogwoods wherever we live, I will tell my sweet babes stories of me and my grandma. 

It feels like it was just yesterday since our last goodbye, but how my memory has faded such simple things like the memory of your smell and color of your eyes. Although more and more when I look at Audrey, I see a lot of you in her eyes. Good thing I know the brand of your favorite perfume, so everytime I'm shopping all it takes is one spray for the memory of your presence to linger for the rest of the day. 

I pray I can be the woman you where. So strong and loving and sincere. Such a Godly woman. You left me impacted in so many ways. It will be the most delightful day to have your hug again. I'm so blessed to know ill see you again in heaven one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment