Saturday, May 10, 2014

Home Depot workshop

So, going on week a bazillion of Brent working 7 days a week till 8:30/9pm. For some reason I have to get a lil more creative on weekends. So I don't feel so sad about single parenting it. Also gives my week some variation.

This weekend I signed us up for the 'kids Home Depot workshop'. Seriously-it's free. I'm going to do it every time it's offered. It was excellent. They get a little 'home depot apron' and a 'special pin' for every project they complete, so they can collect them. 

Today they made a plant box thing. Very discriptive right? Haha. It's blessed me in three ways. Kept us busy until 11am! Now after naptime they get to paint the 'bottom' part and then tomorrow morning I will let them plant the plant we bought for it! That's THREE activities...for virtually FREE! Well, that's a lie. I paid .59 cents for each plant for the kids. They are veggie plants so I'm actually debating throwing in a bulb we have leftover from our Mother's Day craft instead. Then that would make it 'free-ish' since we had already purchased the bulbs for grandmas gift!

Anyways. All in all...GREAT fun!

Audrey did most of it all on her own (including the hammering) I just had to tell her what to do. Beckham on the other hand-he's two still...he gave me a couple anxious moments but all in all did fabulous. If Brent was there and we were working 1 on 1 with the kids it would have been flawless!!



No comments:

Post a Comment