Monday, May 5, 2014

Thumb sucking woes

So we have been slacking. We hadn't been taping the sucks on because Audrey seemed to 'get it'. She litterly couldn't fall asleep this past month without the 'sick gloves' on.

So I took at look at her thumb while cutting here nails......
She has litterly regressed&progressed. She admitted that at night she keeps her sock gloves on but slips her thumb out the bottom and still sucks her thumb. Her thumb nail is basically falling off. It's so wild. I actually have never seen anything like it. She's not a 'traditional' thumb sucker. She doesn't really 'suck' she mostly open and closes her mouth on her thumb. Sounds weird, right. I guess in that process she is essentially wearing down the nail to the point of falling off. 

To be perfectly honest. This past 3 weeks Brent has been working till 8:30/9pm and I'm exhausted with him working 7 days a week. So silly I know. I'm sort of single mom-ing it during this season. I'm trying to stay on top of it but honestly it's so easy to let things slide. 

I picked up 
And have been taping her up and spraying her thumbs with this.

Fingers crossed. Don't want a Princess who lost her thumbnail just because mommy was to tired to be on top of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment