Wednesday, November 5, 2014

#selftea #helovesme

Im not a coffee drinker but when the air gets cold my insides feel so cold and sad. There is nothing that warms my soul like a good cup of tea...well enjoying a cup of tea with a good friend. 

My husband started spoiling me (since we met) but spoiling me with tea once davids tea came to vancouver. I don't get out much (haha!) but with work he's out and about pretty often. He just picks me up sweet things from them once and awhile. It's just a wonderful surprise everytime.

He's made me a junkie, I'm not nearly as inclined to drink my 'non davids tea' now that I have the good stuff. 

I was telling him about the tea advent calendar, how I was thinking if buying it for myself (which is rare because I don't buy davids tea he does haha) anyways....I didn't realize it sells out in an hour in store AND online! What the heck?

Anyways I missed it (and he wouldn't have bought it for me because I said I was going to buy it)

Over dinner I casually mentioned how mega bummed I was.

Well fast forward. He left for work WAY early. It's not totally out of the norm but I felt bad for him.

He came home randomly (it was chaos) I was punishing Audrey for being naughty and everyone was cranky. I was venting to him and he kept smiling. He was so patient (I would have exploded if I was him and cut me off...I can't handle excitement like he can)

He handed me a bag, said 'I got you a surprise!'

I opened it...
BRENT
NO way!!!!
He craigslisted it. They were going for $100-$150 online (the boogers that hijack them to resell) 
WELL this was from last year!
Brand new!
He snagged it for $25
He drove 30+ mins

This is my love language all entwined into one!

Thoughtful
Listening to me
Going out of your way/effort
Frugal/deal
Tea
Not roses 

This is top 5 folks
My heart is so full.

Dare I say...one of the most romantic and meaningful moments of my life. For reals. This man knows me. He loves me. He cares about me. I'm so blessed and humbled. I don't know what I have done to deserve him...I certainly have been procrastinating folding his socks...and leaving my cloths on the ground...I for sure haven't earned his love. 

I'm so blessed he chose me.
So blessed 10 years ago (almost exactly) I asked him to my grad and we started this beautiful journey. Up and down, good and bad, fun and boring, exciting and challenging, smiles and tears. It's been full of everything. At the end of the day I'm so glad we both CHOOSE to love each other. 


No comments:

Post a Comment