Wednesday, May 16, 2012

From brat to domestic

If you know me I'll say quite honestly I don't know how I turned out the way I did. Sometimes I blame it on Brent's love languages. His love language as he likes to tell me are
-coming home to a spotless house
-coming home to a great meal
-food
-good good
-baking
-lots of baking
-things that are clean
-things that are edible

Oh my Brent. He is the boy that captured a little brats heart. The girl that grew up not knowing anything about cooking or cleaning. I had nannies and mades and parents that weren't home much. I was the opposite of domestic.

I can now proudly say I am one of the most domestic people I know. Sometimes I shock myself. The shock comes out of things becoming my desire rather then just doing it for Brent.

I make everything from scratch. All our baking, sauces, baby food, jams, absolutely everything. It's not very often you will see something in my fridge that wasn't from scratch. Ok my ketchup isn't from scratch. Let's be honest Heinz is the BOMB!

Then cleaning. I am anal. A mess used to not stress me out. Now it will almost make me cry if things are messy. I have two under two so I don't mind a mess but it has to be cleaned up. I want my kids to play and enjoy themselves buy cleaning up after the fun is just apart of it.

I look in the mirror and I don't even recognize myself. I'm 25 and the amount I've changed since Brent and I have been together is crazy. I never thought being domestic was something to be proud about. I think I am though. I used to think being domestic was a weakness and now I realize how wrong I was.

I am strong. I am domestic. I'm sassy and I'm ok with it. I have a husband who wants to be fed and I'm okay living him in that way...as long as I don't become a beefcake.

Today during naptime I was cutting up 25lbs of strawberries, I'll freeze these for making sauces etc then I'll cut up more for smoothies and buy more to make into Jam. I'm pretty sure I'm more domestic in the summer ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment