Sunday, September 1, 2013

20 lil facts

I saw someone else do this so I thought I would copy. 20 lil facts about me-that don't completely revolve around my babies. 

1-I love reading, have read 15 books since April. I feel like that an impressive amount since I have lil ones that consume my time. I'm a well rounded reader, from 'the book of negroes' to Jane Austen to 'Twilight' I love it all just depends on my mood. 

2-I'm a relationship person. What does that mean? I'm committed. I love substance. Fluff & surface level & fake bothers me. Maybe because faking it isn't my strength. I love real, meaningful, fun and sacrificial relationship. I would do anything for those I love. I love laughing so hard it hurts, crying together, adventures, sharing truths about life and being there for one another. 

3-My husband is my best friend. There is no one I'd rather spend time with. He loves me, knows me, and cares for me like I never imagined. I also love that when we started dating I told him 'as long as he has me he wouldn't be bored' I can promise that I have been the spice in his life and the last 8+ years have been anything but boring. Adventures with Brent are what makes my world twirl. He is the calm in my storm and we just fit.

4-Nailpolish. It's my dirty lil secret. While having newborns if I had a hard day Brent would often send me out to buy a new polish. Hehe lets just say my polish collection has grown. 

5-Brent has anxiety attacks when I drive his truck. It makes me giggle. He trusts me in every way but put me in his truck and oh mercy his faith in me plummets. Lets just say I totalled his truck when we only had been dating a couple weeks so he might have some reason for his trepidation.

6-I am a wife, I am a mom...I am a person and I was a person before I was either of those things. Those things that made me 'sheena' before I was a mom&wife are still the things that make me Sheena. I am so much more then just a wife and mom. It is not my sole identity. I feel like so many people let those titles consume them and let everything that made them who they are fall by the wayside. 

7-l am an athlete. I'm not professional. I'm not even good anymore. I have let it fall by the wayside in these years because of the time commitments but I am so competitive it hurts and I love teamwork and comradery. I thrive on it all and it all correlates into life and lifeskills.

8-I never cooked or cleaned before marriage. Ever. I was even banned from the kitchen during seasons because I was that bad. Now-I LOVE cooking. I may even be egotistical enough to say that I think I'm a better cook then most people I know. I owe it all to Brent and his willingness to do all the dishes lol if I had to do the dishes I for sure would be a lazier cook.

9-I'm sentimental. I have a hard time letting go of things of sentimental value. I might have become a hoarder if it wasn't for Brent ha ha jokes. He's good and throwing my sentimental stuff in the garbage...bitter sweet. I just have to close my eyes and walk away. 

10-it's September 1 and I'm already thinking about how I can manipulate Brent into setting up our Christmas tree early. It's just me. I love it up as long as I can (I'm happy for it to come down on New Years I just like it up earlllly...Costco early)

11-I'm social etiquette queen. RVSP, Punctual, Please&Thank you, no party hopping for us. We commit to things and dont bail if something better comes along. Oh this generation. It makes me mental when people don't understand social etiquette. Makes me feel like they think there time is more valuable then mine. *panties get twisted* ha ha I know I'm quirky. *breathe in breathe out*

12-Outside. Oh outside. I am a outside type of girl in every season. Im happy outside no matter the weather (besides heavy wind, heavy wind is a deal breaker). I was the filthy dirty kid in a princess dress. That is how I happily want to raise my kids. Turn that TV off go outside, have some imagination and get dirty---it won't kill you, promise. PS-I secretly think mud wrestling would be fun but I don't know how willing I would admit it to some of my type A friends lol.

13-boots and flip flops. That's it. My fave types of shoes. Can you guess my favorite seasons? That's me to a T! I love boots and LOVE pants tucked into boots!!! Lets just say how hard it is to find long enough pants...now I don't care I'm shoving them into boots anyways.

14-If I invite you over and you don't take your shoes off when you come over expect the look of death. That's right expect it. I probably just washed the floor 10 mins before you came and you just ruined it. It slaughters my heart. Take your shoes off...it's not a barn. Maybe this goes along with social etiquette haha 

15-I love ethnic food
Japanese, Thai, Indian, Korean, Mexican, Caribbean....any ethnic food...get in my belly!!

16-People who honestly don't like dessert or sweets boggle my brain. After they say that I'm pretty busy analyzing how that could be possibly true...trying to be healthy is one thing...but to honestly not like the taste...so strange

17-I'm a fish. Challenge me to a water treading competition. Ill beat you I promise. I can tread for hours. Even a few weeks postpartum I kicked people's butts. Booyah. 

18-My love language is time. More specifically the sacrifice of time. If someone thought about me and went out of there way to do something special that meant sacrificing time or even sacrificing time to think of doing something it means so much to me I can feel it all the way to my toes. 
Ex. I mention craving raspberries and Brent went out of his way on his way home from work to pick some up for me just because he remembered I had been craving them. So simple but somehow always blows my socks off
Ex. Someone sending me a text saying they know Brent's been working long hours and if they can watch the kids while I get a couple hours to run errands and have some me time. Man that one slaughters my heart into a million pieces. Took time for them to think of me and then sacrificing time to watch the kids. 

I guess I'm simple, grand gestures aren't necessarily the key to my love language it's the simpleness and kindness. 

19-I have a really hard time forming attachments. I just don't get attached to people or things easily. It's probably the thing that I'm working on the most and something that I would like to change about myself. 

20-I love Jesus. He's my Lord and friend. Im disappointed in myself for not spending as much time with him as I should but I also know that's he's right there beside me and understands me better then anyone else. I feel a peace about where I am at and I know there will be seasons that won't be as stagnant. Right now I am continually reminded him of his love and patience as I raise my babies and as I raise them to love and have a personal relationship with him. He is apart of our daily lives. His patience and love for me is a constant reminder of how I should be as a mother. A reminder that I need to continue to seek more patience, grace and love for my sweet lil monkey babies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment