Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Oh no! Is 14 wks the new 12? Or has it always been 14?


I thought the end of my first trimester was at twelve weeks! Well I had an appointment with my midwife and apparently the end of the first trimester is fourteen weeks!!! Were did I get the notion that it was twelve weeks? She seemed to think it would be a few weeks before I feel better and then recovery time. Um, hello I've made plans for when I'm 'better' so I better be better pretty quick. If I'm to sick to eat American thanksgiving I will lose it lol. This promise from Brents mom is the one thing I'm holding onto.

So after my midwife appointment Brent needed to stop at the grocery store. I decided I was going to come in with him. This is my first experiance walking farther then to the bathroom. I made it up the juice aisle. I made it down the aisle that has chicken wings. Then my world started to crumble. I was exhausted. I for sure was not up for anymore walking. I went and sat by a till and waited for Brent. When we went home I felt so sick.

I took my medication at 6ish and started watching tv. I have been waking up at 5am since the 'fall back' so I was forcing myself to stay up until eight in order to hopefully sleep in a little later. Well I am awake and it is 5am-dang it didn't work. Why do I wake up so early you ask? Well Brent gets up for work at 6ish to go to work and he makes me breakfast and gives me my medication. Since this silly fall back I have been waking up at 5am! So lame. So the night before I went to bed at 6pm and woke up at 5am. Should I just go to bed early since my body is waking me up so early. I'm definaltly exhausted by 6pm.

I was kinda clinging to the unrealistic idea that when I woke up this morning I would no longer be insanely nautious. Instead I woke up with some sniffles. I'm counting my blessings though. At least it's not h1n1.


Okay well it's 5:38am I'm going to try and fall back to sleep. Wish me luck.

xoxox
-Sheena (plus Brent & baby)

*posted from iPhone

3 comments:

  1. oh no sheena! why dont you just make yourself stay away later so that you dont wake up so early? I think brent should've gotten you a wheel chair so he could've just wheeled you around the grocery store! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so I forced myself to stay awake until 8:30pm and wouldn't let myself open my eyes until Brent came to give me my meds. 6:15am. I was for sure awake earlier but I might have been half asleep I'm not sure lol. It's this silly time change. Also I always reject the wheelchair idea because if someone asks what's wrong with ne what am I going to say, 'i'm pregnant.' I would look like such a turkey lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the walmart greeter tried to get me to use the scooter once when I was there cause my freind asked if it was ok the park in the parents parking because I wasn't allowed to walk far so he insisted I used the skooter to shop, I almost died of imbarassment

    ReplyDelete