Monday, August 30, 2010

Alone during a 'beat weekend'

Brent went to his good friends stag up in Penticton. They had a 'beat car' weekend.

It was a weekend free from estrogen and high on testosterone that's for sure.

What is 'beat car' (ing)? Remember bumper cars as a kid? It's an adult version of that. They bring up old beater cars that barely run and play bumper cars, go off jumps and destroy the cars.

When Brent left I offered him one word of warning, 'You come back to me in one piece, alright?'

I'm happy to say the hubby is home. He has some minor whiplash ha ha but had a great time.

I'm was worried that I might become a young widow and single mom...obviously not concerned enough to take out a huge life insurance policy on him ha ha.

It was my first weekend...

Alone in four years of marriage (usually I plan to go away or have a girlfriend or my sister stay with me)

Alone for a weekend as a mom. Went good. Made me appreciate all Brent does to help with Audrey when he's home.

Alone at night...creepy. Good thing I have a guard dog named Prada

Also my first time going on a date with Brent's brother Bryan. He's going off to bible school and oh were really going to miss him. It was really fun to help him get ready to go and spend some time with him!

Also my first time as a married woman going to church without Brent. I cheated and tagged along with Brent's stellar parents.

Altogether a great experience that left me feeling so BLESSED!

Great hubby
Beautiful Audrey
INCREDIBLE in laws !
Awesome brother (Bry)
annnnnd
No cooking ;)
I ate so much cereal I'm ready to cook a good dinner tonight!




***another day, another chapter to add to the collection***

2 comments:

  1. you came to my church????? i go to the same church as brent's parents. i never saw you there. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked for you ;) saw your picture on a poster even. I left pretty quick after. We'll have to plan a date soon.

    ReplyDelete