Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Sewing adventure

So Audrey is somewhat of a nudist.
Last summer she was a force to be reckoned with when it came to dressing her! This summer I was thinking easy breezy might help.

I got a sewing machine-yahoo! My dad&linda rock! (Xmas gift) my last sewing machine died when I fell down the stairs with it and it shattered into a million pieces! Boo! So I'm excited to get into if again. I never in a million years would have thought I would be excited about domestic things-lol-but I love it!

I saw a simple pattern for toddler dresses and I decided to do it! I think I kind have went a little nutso! Ordered enough fabric for 13 dresses! Could make some for next year though. Got a smoking price! Each dress works out to under $4 with all material, ribbon, thread! I figure with them being inexpensive I don't have to worry about her wrecking them or getting filthy.

Just ordered them this morning. Nervous, excited and eager for the material to arrive.

(Yup, ordered material online-honestly these days I don't get out of the house much without the babies. Brent's been working like crazy. So I wasn't going to waste what beautiful free time I have in a fabric store. Fingers crossed that its good quality!)



No comments:

Post a Comment