Monday, December 30, 2013

Jesus

Jesus. My best friend. My saviour. My Father and so much more.

Brent and I laid in bed tonight both on our phones. Me on Pinterest, him on 'clash of the titans' We are dorks-it's how we roll.

We have been presented with a few situations were we have become close friends with someone who don't believe in Jesus. I met a mom at a park and we have been slightly bossum friends. She doesn't judge me for my 'crazy talk' and I don't judge her for her 'crazy lack of belief'. Secretly I want to introduce her to Jesus. I guess it's not such a secret.

Hi, my name is Sheena. Ever watch the movie 'bubble boy'? Well I'm the epitome of 'bubble girl' just in a non germ way. In a Jesus way.


-raised in the church
-Christian school 
-missions trips my whole life 
-worked in a Christian school 
-99.8% of friends are Christians 
-still go to church etc

I rolled over in bed and asked Brent this questions.

'If _______ asked you why you believe Christianity to be truth what would you say?' 

He didn't like this questions because it was before bed and stressful haha. 

For me faith is easy when I look at my fingers, my toes, look at my baby peacefully breathing and growing healthily. When I look at the snow, the leaves, the ocean and weather. How could everything happen by chance. That alone screams 'I was created and designed by a God who sees beauty in all things small, big, intricate and simple.'

How do you explain the conversation and relationship you have with Jesus. How he is your peace, guidance, best friend, rock, and  comfort.

I remember this moment from a young age. Singing at church. Not because I had to. Because I wanted to. I had this switch. It felt like pinpricks all over me. I just knew Jesus was God. I was a Mennonite and yet I still felt this Pentecostal Holy Spirit moment. I won't forget it (I was under 10 for sure). I just knew. It was like in that moment it became not a faith that I was told was truth and became a faith I knew was truth.

If someone was born in a house, never left the house, the house never had any wondows and they never saw outside how would you explain wind, sun, snow and rain.

How would you explain the warmth on your skin, the sensation, the wind in your hair, the howl of the wind, the cold weightless flakes of snow. How do you explain something to someone who has never felt it before. How do I explain to someone Jesus when they have never felt his love, mercy, grace and forgiveness. 

I have all the facts. Look at my resume. I've been educated in it. I've just never been taught how to defend myself. These are the conversations we have been having lately before bed.

I'm going in research mode. Apologetics here I come. I feel like in order to walk my walk I need to know the 'why' I need to be able to defend my God. 

Anyways night time is calling. Off to sleep I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment