Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thankful

Today during naptime I painted my nails. I was having some mommy indulgent time. I chose not to be productive in terms of chores or cooking. It was bliss. A time of great reflection ha ha. 

I was thinking about my babies. Then was thinking about all the people who love our babies. For some reason loving our babies is the greatest way to show love apparently. 

I felt so blessed by all the 'aunties' and 'uncles' that love on our babies regularly and bless us continusly. When I used to think of family I used to think in the conventional way. These past few years I have learned that blood is not always thicker then water. Make sense?

Love is a choice.
Sometimes we get the blessing to have fabulous family members and sometimes we get the blessing of having additional friends that we get to choose and they become family as well. Sometimes we get a mish mash of both.

That is family to us. 

I had this quote sent to me today and it gave me such a warm feeling in my heart. I would change it slightly.

'Family isn't always blood. It's the people in your life who want you in theirs; the ones that accept you for who you are. The ones that are their for you when you need them and love you no matter what'

I think this is the definition I would go with. Family isn't always cookie cutter, classic, A-typical, or the stereotypical 1920s version of family. Family is messy. Family is forgiving. Family is present and that is a gift itself and doesn't require presents because the relationship is far more valuable. 

I have been blessed with some family and I have been blessed beyond measure by the friends in our life that have become near and dear and become part of our family. Family is a beautiful gift.

Ok naptime is over. Time to jet...and fast forward into fort making and craft time because that is just how we roll. 

No comments:

Post a Comment