Thursday, May 27, 2010

'It's ok sweetheart, I have the baby.'

So Brent has been known for his wild crazy dreams and night antics. Since baby Audrey has come he has escalated and changed genre.

I never bring the baby to our bed at night. Brent is 6'4 and I'm 5'9 and we sleep in a queen. Not enough room for this munchkin. We do have a crib/bassinet thing beside our bed for right now and my ubbbbbeer comfy rocking chair.

Most nights I don't get much 'in bed' time. I'm usually in the rocking chair. The rocking chair faces our bed.

Brent lately will jump onto all four limbs in bed and start frantically searching through the covers. The first time I witnessed it I asked him what he was doing.

He responded to me in despair. 'im trying to find Audrey.' he was in such distress.

He does this usually 3x(ish)/night. Luckily I'm usually up trying to soothe our baby to sleep so I am able to help him realize that, 'sweetheart, I have the baby.'

It's so sweet that even in his dreams he worries about Audrey. He can't ever go back to sleep until he knows were she is. So precious <3

What a good daddy.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. thats so cute. I did that a lot too!! its a scary feeling thinking they are under those blankets somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol ya he makes me giggle. Maybe I will do it once I spend more time in bed.

    ReplyDelete