Friday, March 14, 2014

Fake Farmers

So it's march. That means another year of fake farming. (Fake as in we only 'farm' when the weather is agreeable)

-chickens
-garden
-bean growing with the kids 

That's about all the fake farming we will be doing this year. We were really excited to do chickens again, the kids love being able to get eggs every morning and honestly I adore it as well. It freaks Brent out but this year he has already are TWO eggs that I didn't prepare for him. Haha this is a bid deal folks! (Usually they give him the heeby jeebies)

-garden garden. Last year I had the best intentions. When Brent said the irrigation wouldn't be running last year I threw all my sends in the garden (I knew that I was a lazy gardener and it wouldn't work hahaha). This year he said they are almost all installed and he will install special ones for my garden (happy dance)

-growing beans. This is something I remember doing in school. We have been talking lots about food and how it grows and were it comes from. So we are growing beans in jars with paper towel so that the kids can see the whole process. They have been super into helping with the garden so this will just be a way to better understand what is happening in the dirt (simplified, toddler version). 



No comments:

Post a Comment