Wednesday, March 26, 2014

New life, little garden

ISo this little garden has me on google and youtube. I feel like a new mom. All these unknowns. I guess I'm a lil OCD. I'm just so so so excited about the possibility of a 'harvest'. The kids are enjoying all of it as well. They have helped me plant the seeds, transplant the seedlings and water the plants. 

Audrey totally understands the process.
'Mommy, plants need sun, water, dirt and Jesus to grow.' Could this very sentence from my 3 year old be our family mantra. I feel like my 2&3 year kids both need sun, water, dirt and Jesus &lotssssss if food!

So I failed some of my seedlings but luckily I started early enough that I can start some of them over.

My success 
Beans 
Snow peas
Zuchini 
Cucumber 
Tomato (fingers crossed)


My failure
The rest (Ha!)
They just got to  'leggy'...who knew long legs was a bad thing (Ha!)

I'm re-starting the kale, lettuce, radish, onions and broccoli as soon as I decide if I will do a 'cool garden' or if I will buy a 'grow light' to help them not get leggy. Off to google I go!!

Praying for a green thumb and plentiful veggies to share with all our loved ones!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment