Thursday, March 27, 2014

NO WAY

Beckhams new catch phase is 'NO WAY!' He says it for everything.

Beckham eat your dinner
'NO WAY'
Beckham do you need to go potty
'NO WAY'
Beckham come here
'NO WAY'

Oh mercy. I'm trying to get it to stop. I know he's two and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he doesn't know how rude and defiant he is being. Today is Thursday (I think) and he's been doing it for a solid week. I might go bonkers (for some reason it rubs me the wrong way!). We are going to start to give him timeouts everytime he says it so hopefully it disappears soon! Replace that 'NO WAY!' With a 'no thank you'. I'm so Canadian, I love good manners. 

There's been a handful of times in the states were people have guessed I'm Canadian (on vacation the most recent) only because of my OCD polite manners. I don't think that's a bad thing. Even when we were shopping for a mattress a couple months ago the salesman laughed and said the same thing. If my kids inherit something from me I hope it's my social etiquette and manners.



No comments:

Post a Comment