Thursday, March 29, 2012

Home day

First day in weeks that we have just stayed home all day!
Its been a beautiful day!
Being a stay at home mom has been way busier then I ever imagined. I so relish in the days that we stay home and I can spend some 1:1 time with each of my babies. Audrey and I made a strawberry banana loaf for us to bring to bible study (sorry love you can't have any, she was pretty disappointed nothing a fake brownie to take her mind off of it though) and Beckham and I had some cuddles and giggles. He has so much personality I just adore it!

Audrey and Beckham have been 'wrestling' haha it's pretty hilarious. Beckham attacks Audrey and grabs her hair with his iron grip. She then says 'hug' and puts him in a headlock. So far no tears, just a concerned mommy. It's far more 'gentle' then it looks. It starts with her holding him, then once he grabs her hair all niceness is out of the window...I think it's slightly humorous that at six mk this Beckham can win.

Our friends are heading off to San Juan for a weekend away, I arranged it for a double couple weekend away for Brent for Christmas but due to family stuff we aren't able to go. So they are going without us. So sad, but still blessed. Even though it was my hubby's gift he knew how much I needed some time away so last weekend I was able to get away. Still would have been beautiful and rejuvenating for us. One day, one day. I just feel bad for the hubs. He blessed me with some time away and after all the mayhem of these past couple years I know he could really use it as well. Brent made a joke that we both found equally funny and horrible...it was reference to where we send Prada when we go away (the boarding place) and how it would be great if there was a place like that for kids haha. So inappropriate and 100% a joke. We did sit and relish in the idea of being able to have gone with our friends. I don't think we realized how much more challenging getting out together after having a second child would be. If we have a sitter we generally put them down before we leave so they aren't awake or drop them off twenty minutes before bed to minimize the work. We both value quality time and see it being instrumental in a successful marriage and it will be easier soon when we can just budget for a real babysitter rather then depend on family. We are almost there-just want Beckham to be a smidge older. I know it sounds silly but we just aren't at the place were we would feel comfortable with a teenager taking care of our baby.

***picture is audrey helping me make pasta sauce she now wants to help everyday and if Beckham is sleeping I let her! So much fun having a little helper!***

No comments:

Post a Comment