Monday, December 10, 2012

Favourite Song

Audrey for as long as I can remember likes to sing songs together before bed. I don't have a musical bone in my body, my family also never did singing of any kind so it for sure doesn't come naturally. The only kids song I knew was 'you are my sunshine' which was a song my grandma sang to me millions of times. It holds such a beautiful place in my heart. My grandma often confessed that I was her favourite *grin* she was also my favourite-we kept it a good secret from the other grandchildren haha. Anyways I never felt super comfortable singing it to my children because I didn't want to 'play favourites. I sincerely love both my beautiful babies equally. So silly I know-but the verse 'my only sunshine' isn't true I have two sunshine!

Audrey made this a very easy transition.
Audrey started BEGGING me to sing her a princess song. (She's obsessed with princesses). I googled, I scoured iTunes...I searched. There is NO princess song!

So I changed it.

You are my princess
My only princess
You make me happy when skies are grey
You'll never know dear how much I love you so please don't take my princess away.

Now I can guilt free sing the 'sunshine' version to Beckham and the 'princess' version to my sweet little Princess.

Corny corny I know.
I love my little nuggets-they are getting big way to fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment