Saturday, September 25, 2010

Shots...

Audrey got her first shots yesterday. Two months late I know. Mama has a soft heart and worried conscience. I've read so many books about vaccinations going wrong that I admit I was paranoid. Did waiting hurt Audrey? Nope. She's fully vaccinated and this morning when I woke up I felt good about it. Last night, well I'll tell you about it...

I made Brent come to the appointment. I was totally not strong enough to do it solo. My heart ached on the drive (I know I'm to soft, my heart is tender though.) We did the weighing and measuring etc etc.

The nurse practitioner asked who was going to hold her. Oh no. I didn't think about this. Would it traumatize her and make her think I'm the one that hurt her if I held her? In that case might as well make Brent the bad guy right? Or would she think I abandoned her if I didn't?

Overanalyze....Overanalyze...

I decided I wanted to hold her so I could comfort her. My eyes may have teared up.

Later that night my girlfriend Lauren came over. I was holding Audrey. All of a sudden I looked at Audrey and I SWEAR her eyelid looks flipped AND swollen shut. I start FREAKING out. Yelling for Brent. Shrieking that she must be allergic to the shots. Brent came over panicked from all my DRAMA. He looks at her. Looks at me.

All of a sudden she's fine??? I swear I saw what I saw. No swollen eyes no flipped eyelid. WHAT?!? Let's just say I was the butt of a few jokes last night.

She's good though. She didn't develop Autism (I made her make eye contact for most of the night...shhh don't tell Brent I'm this neurotic!) all my special Ed. Schooling has me feeling a little bonkers.

That's my story.




How I found her the morning of her shots...hopefully I will be greater by this much love everyday even when I bring her to get her shots...


***another day, another chapter to add to the collection***

No comments:

Post a Comment