Monday, August 22, 2011

35



Camping while pregnant,
I owe my life to a certain ziploc tupperware
A tupperware that was sacrificed
A tupperware that did not make it home
There was an outhouse
I don't know how I would have 'squatted' this pregnant
I chose not to try
Outhouses are scary enough when you aren't pregnant
Thank you ziploc tupperware
You saved me
I am so glad you were there to be sacrificed.
You will be remembered, always.

We went camping with our churches young families group and had a blast. Sadly we got rained out. It went from beautiful sunny weather to a monsoon downpour! We went home early but had such a great time with all the other young couples and there kids. So great being with other people in the same stage of life! It's just so refreshing talking about all the things that are relevant to you (silly kid moments, bowel movements, diapers, bad parent moments and all the stuff that makes parenting what it is the GOOD, the BAD, and the CRAZY!) Sometimes with our single or married without kids friends I feel lost because I can't remember how to relate. So every once and awhile it just feels glorious to not have to worry about boring someone about talking about your kids or any of that kind of stuff. What a great time we had!

'There was lots of wagon riding'

Hope you all had a great weekend!
















No comments:

Post a Comment