Thursday, October 15, 2009

Christmas? Please hunnie !

Brent asked me if there was anything he could do to make me feel better. I told him, "YES."He asked me what. So I told him.

It is only 70 days from Christmas and I would...
•feel better
•feel happy
•feel less lonely
•make me get better faster

If....

He could set the christmas tree up. And allow me to listen to Christmas music. Brent looked at me horrified at the trap he got sucked into. He looked at me again to make sure it wasn't a joke. He said, 'No freaking way.'

This is my justification
-last year we were gone for five weeks at Christmas and didn't decorate...at all!!!
-this year we'll more then likely go away for a couple weeks again so if we set up our tree in dcember we'll barely get to enjoy it if we go away. ( we don't have anything planned yet, waiting for me to get better)
-I'm home alone most days so if a little Christmas cheer will brighten my day don't you think he should permit it just this one year?
-brent is in his busy season at work so he leaves at 6:30am and doesn't come home till 5-6pm and I go to bed now at 7ish. So really I'm all alone..a lot...but with the Christmas tree I wouldn't be. I would be for sure a healthier happier wife! I can feel it! That should be reason enough!!!

I don't often insist after Brent says no ( he is generally the one that brings me back down to earth) butttttt.....come on. I think I deserve this. Perhaps I should start a petition...would you sign it? Ha ha!


xoxox
-Sheena (plus Brent & baby)

*posted from iPhone

2 comments:

  1. I say YES to the Christmas tree...there is something about white lights and the "feeling" that Christmas gives you...

    I'd say, I'm suffering being poked, pricked and worshiping the toilet for our baby, the least you could do is set up the tree for our babies Mamma;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should compromise… Nov 1st the tree goes up!! There really is something about the Christmas tree and music that is so magical.

    ReplyDelete