Saturday, October 10, 2009

Thanksgiving Blues

Being sick during the holidays no matter what holiday it is sure is hard. I am feeling quite discouraged today.

Yesterday I spent all day in the hospital and it was quite a good day. My darling girlfriend Jenn came and visited me for a few hours and brought me magazines. It was delightful! Then my good friends Lauren and Lael stopped by for a quick surprise visit. They brought me seasons 1&2 of house. When I got home around 3pm I became violently ill. Usually days that I get an iv are my good days. Brent seems to think it was the 'stress' of having company. It has happened before that I have gotten very ill after visitors have left. It's disheartening because I get so lonely but my body can only handle so much. I'm going to talk to my doctor about it next week. It could turn into a very lonely four weeks (or however long it lasts).

I would do anything to feel better at this point. Anything to lead a normal life. I feel really bad for Brent. There is pretty much a no food that smells rule in our home right now and for the first time in Brent's life he has to feed himself, annnnd do everything around the house because all I do is stay in bed or the bathroom :( poor boy! He's doing a good job though, the house is very clean. Sometimes I do worry about him becomming malnutritioned.

Since it's thanksgiving weekend even though I don't feel very thankful I'm going to try and come up with a list of things I'm thankful for.


1) My tall dark and handsome husband who always puts a smile on my face. He is such a great friend, provider and going to be a superb father. I am also thankful for him being to tender and sweet while caring for me these past couple weeks!

2) This very sassy baby inside of me that is making me so sick. I know I love you already no matter if you are a beautiful girl or a handsome little boy. We are both excited to meet you!

3) Brent's mom has been such a huge help like I said earlier. I love hearing her talk about our baby it's so clear she loves it to already. Brent's brother Bryan is also very sweet he has said a few times if I need a ride he can take me. I can tell he is going to be such a great uncle! I appreciate his excitment and support.

4) I'm thankful for my doctor who has been helping me figure things out one step at a time. I am even more thankful for the incredible nurses at LMH. They have been so sweet and so helpful. I am also thankful for the iv's if we didn't have that technology I don't know what would have happened to the baby or I.

5) I'm thankful knowing that God loves our baby so much and already has it's whole life planned out!

Psalm 139:13-16
*I love this verse. I think it is especially beautiful in the new living translation.



xoxox
-Sheena (plus Brent & baby)
*posted from iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sheena! Congratulations on your exciting baby news. I was just thinking that I miss seeing you around at the school, and that I didn't see you at the conference on the weekend...thus a little facebook creeping and voila I stumbled upon your blog. I am so sorry to hear you've been so ill with this baby. I pray that God would continue to give you strength and give super natural nourishment to your body. When you're feeling a bit better, I'd love to come visit you...if you want, I can always take Prada to the dog park to get her some exercise :) Take care, Jen

    ReplyDelete